Saturday 29 October 2011

MIA in HI



Its been awhile since Ive posted! I took of to Hawaii for a week in the beginning of October and when I came back, some changes needed to be made.
A friend of mine, Damien (who is an amazing sculptor and friend) wanted to see where I was at with Moloch.  So I asked him to take a look and get some feed back. Damien knows his craft inside and out, so what ever he says I take it 100% seriously. And what he told me was to make Moloch less fictional and more factual, by this he meant give it more human features and structural anatomy. And really push my shapes and medium masses.

So after a few variations and revisions, this is where I am with him. And I must say I am more than happy with the way he is turning out so far. I put in a lot of time and effort into studying proper facial anatomy and human head reference. I must say Thank you Damien for pointing me in the right direction! And looking at the Moloch post(s) prior to this...wow he sure looked like shit! Thats what you get when you are trying to make stuff (anatomy) up without reference (I was focusing on what a mish mash of ape creature and human would look like). Big FAIL!

But there is still lots to do so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment