Monday 16 May 2011

Sketchy sketch!

So here is a little sketch i started a few months ago and I have been ever so slowly chipping away at it. My Tiger tank model (which i will post shortly) has been eating up my creative time. And when i need a break i pick up my book, pencil and start sketching away. As you can see there are 2 images! The larger one i started about a year or two ago....probably a year...and i was inspired to create a character  that had seen some long and difficult years on the front. And I'm a big fan of the WWII German winter long coats, and had the urge to draw a character in one.I really like the cut of their jibb!

But thats not the sketch I've been chipping away at, no its the other one...to the right. It started off as something else but i guess the other sketch influenced its creation, cause behold...there's another soldier character with a long coat.The back story was along the lines of 'what if'  this guy got shot int the face, removing his mouth and his throat. He survived his injuries and was fortunate enough to live in a world in a time and place where this tech was available. The neck brace is to keep his head up, as the damage sustained from the shell impact too care of supportive neck muscles. It helps to keep throat passages open, and the device that fits in his mouth hole is a  device for communication. Also known as a voice box (very original...i know).

My goal is to finish this sketch within the next week, but in the mean time...back to modeling my killer kitty...PzKpfw VI E!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment