Saturday 14 May 2011

P-Rex Design Round 2

First off i must say that i got into making art and working in the entertainment industry thanks to one little film. That film was...Jurassic Park :P
As a kid I was in love with movies and dinosaurs, and in 1991 Jurassic Park was my biggest nerdgasim rolled into one (other than Return of the Jedi). I went to see the film 4 times in theaters, and 3 of those times were all by myself. I was blown away, and I was even more blown away when the "making of Jurassic park" book showed up at a book store i just happened to be at. Seeing the work of Mark "CRASH" McCreery and his contribution to that film made me weak in the knees. I already loved drawing by this time, but to see pencil renderings of dinosaurs in a realistic manner just blew me away. I knew at that moment what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, make art for film and if possible, draw like Mark "CRASH" McCreery.

Fast forward up until now and, i still haven't made art for film (tv and video games thus far), but my drawing skills are close to what I wanted them to be. And so I decided to go all out on this piece (within the time I had) and make an image that was inspired by the work of Mark "CRASH" McCreery.

So here is the final design for my Piranhasaurus Rex concept, completed in photoshop and based off a nightmarish bulldog named Linda!

I'm pretty happy with the final result, there is some stuff i would like to address on this image, but ill take those concerns and apply them on my next Dino-concept piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment